Thank you for supporting our 1st Annual Shred-A-Thon and for making it such a success.
Together we raised over $10,000 in support of DREAM programs!!
The 2021 Shred-A-Thon will add some exciting new details, including an uphill division.
We can’t wait to Shred the Love with you!
SHRED the Love!
March 7th, 2020
An all-abilities fundraiser & vertical challenge at Whitefish Mountain Resort
Fundraise in advance of the event to support DREAM. Then join us for a fun vertical challenge on March 7th; ski or ride as many vertical feet as you can in one day. Prizes for most funds raised & vertical feet skied in multiple categories.
- To qualify for the event, you must raise at least $200 for DREAM ($245 if you need a day lift ticket) by March 6th.
- Use the DREAM fundraising platform to create a fundraising page to share with your family & friends
- Create a fundraising team for an even better chance to win prizes!
- Ski or ride bell-to-bell or as much as you can take on March 7th, 2020; vertical feet will be tallied & prizes awarded
- Head back to the DREAM Shack & the Spruce Lot that afternoon to celebrate!
WHAT YOU RECEIVE on March 7th:
- Complimentary light breakfast & coffee @ the DREAM Shack
- Access to a discounted ($45) lift ticket, if needed. Must notify us by March 1st if you need a lift ticket.
- 9:00am-4:00pm vertical challenge (or just ski with friends and Shred the love!)
- Hot Lunch…from a local yummy food truck
- Prizes for top individual and team fundraisers
- Prizes for top competitors in each division, for most vertical feet skied or boarded
- Post party with awards, libations, and music
- Snacks, coffee, and stoke all day long at the DREAM Shack to keep you shredding the laps!
Click HERE for a “How To” video on creating a fundraising page.
The Shred-a-Thon is a full day 9:00am-4:00pm ski-a-thon for all abilities at Whitefish Mountain Resort. The athletic competition is to ski or ride as many vertical feet in one day as possible utilizing any and all terrain that is open. The feel-good competition is to raise funds to support DREAM and to ensure life-changing outdoor recreation is available to people of ALL abilities.
Prizes awarded to top competitors in each, male or female. Competitors ages 12 and under will compete in the “Youth” category no matter what type of equipment they use (including adaptive). Vertical feet will be tracked on scorecards using the honor system.
Youth (ages 12 and under, all disciplines)
The individual that most embodies the spirit of the Shred-a-thon will recieve a special award at the closing party. This person will CELEBRATE our mission of making outdoor recreation excessible to everyone. Vertical feet won’t help you too much in this category but showcasing your love and passion (and costumes) for the DREAM mission will!
7:30am-10:00am Check-in at the DREAM Shack / Spruce Lot
8:00am-8:45am Light breakfast, complimentary for all registered athletes
8:30am-4:00pm DREAM Shack/event area open, music, coffee, snacks all day!
9:00am Event start @ Chair 6
11:30am-1:00pm Lunch available for athletes at the Shea’s House on Home Again
4:00pm Competition ends
4:00pm-5:00pm Shred-A-Thon Celebration, apré, awards & prizes @ the Shea’s House
We hope you can join us in support of Outdoor Recreation for ALL!
How does the fundraising work? Click on the registration button above, sign into your DREAM account or create a new one. It will then take you to our online fundraising platform. Customize your fundraising page to tell your story and why DREAM is important to you. SHARE SHARE SHARE your page on social media & with family and friends.
Can I solicit pledges per lap or vertical foot that I ski? We are keeping it simple and having all fundraisers collect only flat donations to DREAM prior to the event. You are welcome however to build your fundraising campaign around your personal goal of vertical feet.
How do the teams work? Teams are open to any size and collection of individuals. Teams increase your ability to fundraise; teams can be a business, a family, group of friends, etc. One person has to be the “captain” and create/claim the team page. Teams will be competing for most funds raised and most vertical feet skied, the bigger your team the better your chance to win!
Can I fundraise offline? Yes! Supporters can mail donations to DREAM at PO BOX 4084, Whitefish, MT 59937. We will still credit this donation to your fundraising page to show your total amount raised. Make sure they note Shred-A-Thon with their donation.
Can non-independent adaptive skiers participate? Please contact us and we will work with you to arrange an instructor/volunteer to assist on the day of the event. Like our lessons, there is limited availability.