Join us for the 2021 Shred-A-Thon!
SHRED the Love!
March 27th, 2021
An all-abilities fundraiser & vertical challenge at Whitefish Mountain Resort
Fundraise in advance of the event to support DREAM. Then join us for a fun on-snow celebration and optional vertical challenge on March 27th; hike, ski, or ride as many vertical feet as you can in one day. Prizes for most funds raised & vertical feet skied in multiple categories.
- To attend you must raise at least $100 for DREAM ($150 if you need a day lift ticket) by March 27th.
- Use the DREAM fundraising platform to create a fundraising page to share with your family & friends
- Create a fundraising team for an even better chance to win prizes!
- Hike, ski, or ride bell-to-bell or as much as you can take on March 27th; vertical feet will be tallied & prizes awarded
- Head to an outdoor ski-in/ski-out private residence that afternoon to celebrate!
WHAT YOU RECEIVE on March 27th:
- Complimentary light breakfast & coffee @ the DREAM Shack
- Access to a discounted lift ticket (included in your fundraising minimum), if needed. Must notify us by March 20th if you need a lift ticket.
- 9:00am-4:00pm vertical challenge for those interested, or just ski with friends and Shred the love!
- Hot Lunch…from a local yummy food truck
- Prizes for top individual and team fundraisers
- Prizes for top competitors in each division, for most vertical feet shredded or hiked
- Post-party with awards, libations, and music
- Snacks, coffee, and stoke all day long to keep you shredding the laps!
Click HERE for a “How To” video on creating a fundraising page.
The Shred-a-Thon is a full day 9:00 am-4:00 pm ski-a-thon for all abilities at Whitefish Mountain Resort. The athletic competition is to hike, ski or ride as many vertical feet in one day as possible utilizing any and all-terrain that is open (and approved if uphill). The feel-good competition is to raise funds to support DREAM and to ensure life-changing outdoor recreation is available to people of ALL abilities.
Prizes awarded to top competitors in each category. Competitors ages 12 and under will compete in the “Youth” category no matter what type of equipment they use (including adaptive). Vertical feet will be tracked on scorecards using the honor system.
The individual that most embodies the spirit of the Shred-a-thon will receive a special award at the closing party. This person will CELEBRATE our mission of making outdoor recreation accessible to everyone. Vertical feet won’t help you too much in this category but showcasing your love and passion (think costumes) for the DREAM mission will!
8:00am-10:00am Check-in at the DREAM Shack / Spruce Lot; Light breakfast, complimentary for all registered
9:00am Event start @ Chair 6 for those competing
11:30am-2:00pm Lunch available for athletes outdoors at a private residence on Home Again Run
4:00pm Competition ends
4:00pm-5:00pm Shred-A-Thon Celebration, apré beverages & food, awards & prizes
We hope you can join us in support of Outdoor Recreation for ALL!
How does the fundraising work? Click on the registration button above, sign into your DREAM account or create a new one. It will then take you to our online fundraising platform. Customize your fundraising page to tell your story and why DREAM is important to you. SHARE SHARE SHARE your page on social media & with family and friends.
Can I solicit pledges per lap or vertical foot that I ski? Sure – please encourage folks to donate to your page however you see fit! You are welcome to build your fundraising campaign around your personal goal of vertical feet, runs skied, time on snow, etc.
How do the teams work? Teams are open to any size and collection of individuals. Teams increase your ability to fundraise; teams can be a business, a family, group of friends, etc. One person has to be the “captain” and create/claim the team page. All individuals on a team must have their own fundraising page, and their individual total rolls up to the team page and total. Teams will be competing for most funds raised and most vertical feet skied, the bigger your team the better your chance to win!
Can I fundraise offline? Yes! Supporters can mail donations to DREAM at PO BOX 4084, Whitefish, MT 59937. We will still credit this donation to your fundraising page to show your total amount raised. Make sure they note Shred-A-Thon with their donation.
Can non-independent adaptive skiers participate? Please contact us and we will work with you to arrange an instructor/volunteer to assist on the day of the event. Like our lessons, there is limited availability.